Is SXM safe - your anwers

Do you feel safe on SXM?

yes, completely, I am a man
4 (23%)
yes, completely, I am a woman
1 (5%)
not more or less safe than I did in the last place I lived
5 (29%)
I feel less safe than in my former residence
7 (41%)
I used to feel extremely unsafe, but now live here many years and know my ways
0 (0%)


Votes so far: 17
Poll closed

The poll is closed and the results are not very surprising. Especially that only one lady voted for feeling completely safe.
28% feel here completely safe.
29% don't see a difference between SXM and their other homes in terms of how safe they feel.
41% feel less safe.

You can draw 2 conclusions. Either that the largest group of voters perceives the island as relatively dangerous. 41% is a lion's share of the votes. Or if you add the first two responses, of people who feel completely safe with those of the people who feel the same (lack of) safety as in other places they lived, the majority actually perceives the island as relatively safe. 57% is the compound percentage of those two responses and mathematically the majority. But I have to stress, it's not a 57% believing the island is safe. It's 57% who just don't feel less safe.

I suppose I could have phrased the responses better and gotton less ambiguous results;) Feel free to comment.

4 comments:

L'Imperatrice said...

I voted for not more or less safe...
and I hesitated with less safe than former residence...(but before living in Switzerland my former residence was Vegas and this is a pretty unsafe and crazy place).

I came to the island this year for half of august and the whole month of september, I haven't felt unsafe once, I came alone with my four small children, I've read a lot, mostly online about how the crime is raising on the island, it was my second visit since I left the island in 1999, to me , it hasn't changed, in 1999, we had the same problems, the same crime, the only difference now is internet, news travel fast and most of the people speak or write about it more than before.
I think wherever you are, to feel and be safe, you have to be cautious and use common sense.
Bye!

L'Imperatrice said...

I meant to say: 1999 and before (I've lived there from 94 til end of 99)

Eliza said...

Hey Sissi, glad to see your comments again:) I'm not really sure about the crime level going up or down, been here too little. Most people I talk to though tend to say things are worse and foreseeing it getting even worse with the crisis and less tourism (less income) coming to the island:( hope they're wrong...

megat said...

your blog very beautiful and more info ,make me excited. Congratulation!!